Cistanche, also called Methuselah’s breakfast longevity tea, is an exceptional herbal extract for energy and anti-aging support.
Methuselah’s Breakfast, widely known as Cistanche tubulosa, is a native parasitic flower and medicinal herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for ages. A tea made from the extract is very popular with many Chinese and Mongolian people, courtesy of its health benefits.
Since ancient times, Methuselah’s Breakfast was consumed to help clear the mind and enhance cognitive ability. In addition, due to its anti-aging properties, it was used to help increase stamina and aid healthy sexual performance. Today, the tea is popular due to the wide range of health benefits it offers. In this post, I’ll share some details about these health benefits, with a significant focus on its energy and anti-aging health benefits.
Cistanche tubulosa extract offers many benefits due to its anti-aging, anti-fatigue, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective, immunological, cardiovascular, and antioxidant properties. Linden Botanicals calls Cistanche “Methuselah’s Breakfast.” In the Bible, Methuselah lived until the ripe old age of 969, making him the longest-lived human in both legend and tradition. The extract also offers cardio-protection to help reduce oxidative stress and inhibit apoptotic pathways.
Due to its neuroprotection and antioxidant activity, Cistanche tubulosa may enhance learning and memory. Taking foods and beverages rich in the extract has the potential to support brain health by activating brain cells. In addition, the herb may enhance sexual health by increasing the production of the hormone testosterone.
Its adaptogenic, anti-inflammatory, and neurotrophic properties work collaboratively to help improve memory power and lower blood pressure levels. Overall, all these properties can improve the physical state of the body and mind, lowering fatigue and improving energy levels.
Other Health Benefits of Methuselah’s Breakfast
Methuselah’s Breakfast also provides the following support:
- Chronic Disease Support: Cistanche tubulosa is regularly used to support treatment for various chronic diseases and ailments. Once this extract is consumed, it interacts with the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous, and integumentary body systems to help fight off any bacteria or microorganisms present in the body. For this reason, it supports a healthy lifestyle approach related to issues with cardiovascular illnesses, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, psychological stress.
- Antidepressant Support: A recent study in Frontiers in Pharmacology suggests Cistanche tubulosa extract demonstrates antidepressant-like effects on chronic stress. The study addresses the health benefits of Cistanche tubulosa extract, including its antidepressant-like effects through its ability to restore gut microbiota homeostasis.
- Bone Health: Methuselah’s Breakfast is used to help prevent bone loss and strengthen bones by increasing calcium and Vitamin D levels in the body.
- Blood Pressure: The herb has shown promising effects in lowering blood pressure.
- Memory Enhancer: The extract may help sharpen memory and enhance practiced learning activities.
Try Methuselah’s Breakfast Today
There is good reason to believe that a lifestyle-related approach to optimal health will benefit from support with Cistanche extract as a health supplement.
Linden Botanicals sells Cistanche extract in small 100 gram sizes as OOMPH! energy support and in larger sizes of 200 to 1,000 grams. To learn more about Cistanche tubulosa, a good place to start is our Cistanche FAQ and this study, along with dozens of studies in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) database.