Cistus incanus is a biofilm busting tea that provides excellent immune support AND repels ticks and mosquitos. That’s some good tea!
Cistus incanus is an herb that grows in the Mediterranean. Ours comes from Crete, the ancestral home of Cistus (pictured above). Cistus incanus tea has been used traditionally for a range of health benefits in Europe and has great flavor. This biofilm busting tea is increasingly popular in the U.S. and other parts of the world due to its pleasant taste and health properties, such as its ability to digest bacterial biofilm.
What Is Bacterial Biofilm?
Bacterial biofilm refers to a complex microbiome structure containing several colonies that adhere to a surface. The cells are often embedded in an extracellular matrix that contains DNA, polysaccharides, and proteins. A study on the effect of bacterial biofilms against antibiotics revealed that biofilms are the leading cause of many recent infection persistence cases.
The biofilm forms a barrier that inhibits the penetration of antibiotics and immune cells, causing resistance and pathogenesis. Cistus incanus tea is a powerful biofilm busting tea that breaks the bacterial biofilm in nasal and gut passages.
Cistus incanus as a Biofilm Busting Tea
The first step of healing in most modern-day infections, especially in the gut or nasal passages, occurs through disrupting the bacterial biofilm. Previously, synthetic enzymes such as lumbrokinase, nattokinase, and serratiopeptidase have been used to break down the biofilms. However, these enzymes are selective and may not be effective against other pathogens. In addition, they may also contaminate the blood, leading to other life-threatening conditions such as neurodegenerative disorders, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer.
To protect yourself and the ones you love from these potential side effects, consider a natural biofilm-busting tea made from Cistus incanus leaves, flowers, and roots. The tea may be effective against a wide range of bacterial and viral biofilms, including Candida albicans, influenza, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumonia, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Cistus incanus contains a high concentration of polyphenols with a broad-spectrum activity against bacterial infections such as Lyme disease. The polyphenols found in the biofilm busting tea inhibit the formation of bacterial/viral biofilms. They also digest and interfere with the activity of Streptococcus mutan biofilms, thus preventing dental carries.
Other Health Benefits of Cistus incanus Tea
Beyond its activity against bacterial and viral infections, there are several other reasons people drink this biofilm busting tea. They include:
- Acts as a Powerful Antioxidant. Cistus incanus tea is rich in flavonoids and polyphenols that contain antioxidant properties that have proved effective against oxidative stress.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health. Dyslipidemia is a common causative agent in hypertension and cardiovascular complications. The biofilm busting tea may improve the lipid profile that reduces the risk of cardiovascular development.
- Removes dental plaque. Polyphenols contain antibacterial properties that remove dental plaque. Rinsing your mouth with Cistus incanus tea may help to maintain the normal flora in the mouth and eliminate bad breath.
- Strengthens the gastrointestinal wall. Cistus contains bioflavonoids that enhance the supply of microvascular gastric mucosa, which strengthens the gastrointestinal wall. Cistus incanus tea has been used traditionally to treat hemorrhagic ulcers and mucosal congestion.
- Supports Immune Health. Cistus may activate T Cells as well as Natural Killer cells that fight infections. The tea also may improve monocyte levels in the bloodstream.
- Repels Ticks and Insects. Cistus incanus tea serves as a natural tick repellant that can help keep ticks, mosquitoes, and other insects away from you during your outdoor activities.
Try Cistus incanus Biofilm Busting Tea
Infection persistence can be more than an annoyance — it can affect your peace of mind and affect the way you live your life day to day. Cistus biofilm busting tea can digest biofilm, improve the penetration of antibiotics, and enhance infection healing. It’s a great alternative for caffeinated drinks and provides an exceptional range of health benefits. (No wonder it’s our best-selling tea!)