Try these four herbal supplements for gut health cleanse support: Haritaki, Phyllanthus niruri, Cistanche, and Rosa rugosa.
Between family gatherings, holiday parties, and fewer opportunities to exercise outdoors, it’s probably no big surprise that many people have more trouble with digestive issues during the fall and winter months. Some people have chronic digestive issues, while others have periodic flare-ups.
Digestive health refers to the well-being of the digestive system, which plays a crucial role in breaking down food and absorbing nutrients essential for overall health. Maintaining good digestive health is important for proper digestion, nutrient absorption, and the elimination of waste.
Digestive Health Tips
Whether or not you’re interested in a gut health cleanse, here are 10 basics to promote digestive health:
- Balanced Diet: Include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your diet. Fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains promote regular bowel movements and support a healthy digestive system.
- Hydration: Drink water throughout the day to help with digestion and prevent constipation.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can support a healthy balance of microorganisms in the digestive system. Yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and other fermented foods are good sources of probiotics.
- Prebiotics: Prebiotics are non-digestible fibers that promote the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Foods rich in prebiotics include garlic, onions, bananas, and whole grains.
- Limit Processed Foods: Reduce the intake of processed and high-sugar foods, as they can negatively impact the balance of bacteria in the gut.
- Chew Your Food: This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s surprising how fast many of us eat. Chew your food thoroughly to aid in the digestion process. This helps break down food into smaller particles, making it easier for the digestive enzymes to work.
- Regular Meals: Establish regular eating habits. Eating at consistent times can help regulate your digestive system.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity can promote healthy digestion by reducing the risk of constipation and promoting overall gut health.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can affect the digestive system. Practice stress-reducing techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga.
- Limit Alcohol and Caffeine: Excessive alcohol and caffeine intake can irritate the digestive tract. Moderation is key.
Gut Health Cleanse Support
You can also support a gut health cleanse with healthy, all-natural herbal extracts that support digestive health. Four herbal extracts that show exceptional potential as digestive health supplements include Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Phyllanthus niruri, Cistanche tubulosa, and Rosa rugosa (also called Rose Hips).
These supplements are among the most promising digestive health supplements in the world, which is why we sell each of them individually in our online store. We also sell GUTSY Digestive Health Kits, which contain all four herbal supplements. The four supplements are individually packaged so you can try them together or choose to use them separately.
This proprietary collection of herbal extracts is designed to:
- Support healthy liver function
- Provide intestinal mucosa and motility support
- Protect against free radical damage
- Provide healthy anti-inflammation support
- Support healthy digestive function
- Promote healthy gut microbiota
Gut Health Cleanse Support Supplements
The herbal extracts in GUTSY Digestive Health Kits include Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Phyllanthus niruri (Chanca Piedra), Cistanche tubulosa, and Rosa rugosa (Rose Hips).
HARITAKI: Haritaki, derived from the Terminalia chebula tree, is renowned in traditional medicine, particularly Ayurveda, for its digestive health benefits. This potent herb is believed to promote digestion by balancing the doshas, especially Vata and Pitta.
Haritaki is rich in antioxidants and exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, potentially aiding in the management of digestive disorders. It is thought to stimulate digestive enzymes, enhance nutrient absorption, and regulate bowel movements, relieving constipation. Haritaki is also considered a natural detoxifier, promoting a healthier gut environment. It makes a great addition to any gut health cleanse.
Haritaki supports healthy digestion and the natural removal of toxins. By supporting the natural removal of toxins and improving digestion, Haritaki may help with metabolic syndromes, improve energy, and reduce hypertension, thus supporting heart health, along with overall health and wellness. To learn more, check out the Haritaki FAQ.
PHYLLANTHUS NIRURI: Phyllanthus niruri, commonly known as Chanca Piedra, is celebrated for its potential digestive health benefits in traditional medicine. This herb has been used in various cultures for centuries to provide well-rounded support for overall health.
Believed to possess anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, Phyllanthus niruri is thought to support liver function and may aid in the prevention of gallstones. It is also traditionally used to address gastrointestinal issues, such as indigestion and diarrhea. It provides exceptional support for a gut health cleanse.
Substantial research has affirmed the liver-healing properties and positive hepatoprotective effects of Phyllanthus niruri herbal tea and herbal extract. By supporting healthy liver function, Phyllanthus can support the body’s healthy cortisol metabolism, modulating the negative effects of “the stress hormone.”
Phyllanthus niruri also supports the liver in its production of bile, which can help the body absorb fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K. Everything you put in your body eventually goes through the liver’s security checkpoint. A cup of Phyllanthus niruri herbal tea a day can go a long way toward protecting your liver and supporting digestive health. To learn more, start with the Phyllanthus FAQ.
CISTANCHE TUBULOSA: Cistanche, an herb revered in traditional Chinese medicine, is associated with potential digestive health benefits. Rich in phenylethanoid glycosides and echinacoside, it is believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Cistanche may promote gut health by supporting the balance of intestinal flora, enhancing nutrient absorption, and regulating bowel movements.
Traditional use suggests it may alleviate constipation and other digestive discomforts, which makes it a worthy addition to any gut health cleanse. Additionally, some studies indicate its potential to enhance the intestinal barrier function. While Cistanche shows promise for digestive well-being, more research is needed to validate and understand its specific mechanisms and efficacy in promoting digestive health.
A recent study in Frontiers in Pharmacology suggests Cistanche tubulosa demonstrates antidepressant-like effects on chronic stress. The study concluded that Cistanche “is a potential treatment for depressive symptoms by restoring homeostasis of gut microbiota for microbiota–gut–brain axis disorders, opening new avenues in the field of neuropsychopharmacology.” A good place to start is with the Cistanche FAQ.
ROSA RUGOSA: Rosa rugosa, commonly known as rose hips, offers potential digestive health benefits. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber, this plant may support a healthy digestive system. The fiber content aids in digestion and helps prevent constipation by promoting regular bowel movements.
The antioxidants present in Rosa rugosa, including high levels of vitamin C, contribute to overall gut health by combating oxidative stress. While research on its specific digestive benefits is limited, incorporating Rosa rugosa into a balanced diet can be a wholesome choice for those seeking natural sources of nutrients that may positively impact digestive well-being.
A study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry indicates that Rosa rugosa “showed selective antibacterial activities against intestinal and pathogenic bacteria, and the selectivity resembled that of prebiotics such as oligosaccharides and dietary fiber.” In short, Rosa rugosa is a digestive health supplement that may inhibit bad bacteria while supporting the friendly gut microbiome. It’s an excellent addition to any gut health cleanse.
Rosa rugosa, a deciduous shrub of the genus Rosa, has been widely used to treat stomach aches, diarrhea, pain, and chronic inflammatory disease in eastern Asia. Rosa rugosa may also support health issues related to liver-qi stagnation, induced tightness and fullness sensation in chest, and abdominal fullness and distention. To learn more, check out the Rosa rugosa FAQ.
Try a GUTSY Kit
Haritaki, Phyllanthus niruri, Cistanche, and Rosa rugosa are all-natural digestive health supplements that have the potential to optimize digestive health. GUTSY Digestive Health Kits include a proprietary collection of all four supplements in individual packets so you can choose how best to support your digestive health.
To learn more about gut health cleanse support, start with the GUTSY FAQ.