This great-tasting smoothie recipe with Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) extract may provide joint support and improve digestive health.
If you want to improve joint health, try our healthy joint support smoothie recipe. It blends fresh fruits, supplements, and a selection of all-natural extracts, including Haritaki extract (also called Terminalia chebula). Haritaki makes a great joint health supplement. (We sell Terminalia in 100 gram size as ACK! Joint Health Support, as well as in sizes of 200 grams or more.)
Improve joint health, digestive health, energy, and awareness, all while transforming your body from the inside out. Best of all — these Haritaki extract smoothies taste great!
Joint Support Smoothies Incorporate Dark Fruits
We like to add dark fruits to our joint support smoothies. For one thing, they’re antioxidants. For another, the purple pigment in dark fruits contains flavonoids, including resveratrol, which can help decrease blood pressure. Resveratrol helps relax the arterial walls, decreases the pressure in the arteries, and promotes better circulation. Dark fruits also contain polyphenols, which can reduce the inflammatory response in the body.
Tip: Want your smoothies to be thicker and less liquid-like? Freeze your favorite dark fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and elderberries. And if you choose to include banana, you can freeze it too!
Joint Support Smoothies Include Haritaki Extract
Extracts and supplements are herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other healthy ingredients. Healthy smoothie recipes that support joint health incorporate Haritaki extract. As desired, they can also incorporate Paeonia lactiflora extract, omega oil, flaxseed, and protein powder.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Extract
Haritaki extract supports joint health and digestive health. Preparations are also used as a cardiotonic. Therapeutic uses include strengthening and nourishing the joint tissues and supporting the proper function of the colon, lungs, liver, and spleen. Highly revered in India, Haritaki extract is also believed to increase energy, intelligence, and awareness. Read the Haritaki FAQ.
Paeonia lactiflora (White Peony Root) Extract
Paeonia lactiflora is used to support immune system health, reduce inflammation, reduce fatigue, and protect the brain. The water/ethanol extract of white peony root is known as total glucosides of peony (TGP). In scientific studies, TPG has shown analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant effects. Read the Paeonia FAQ.
Our healthy smoothie recipe includes the following supplements:
- Omega Oil: Research suggests omega-3 fatty acids may help protect against Alzheimer’s and dementia and may have a positive effect on gradual memory loss linked to aging.
- Flaxseed: It contains Omega-3s (which support memory), lignans (antioxidants), and fiber, and it may help fight heart disease, diabetes, and breast cancer.
- Protein Powder: It’s an easy and convenient source of high-quality protein.
Joint Support Smoothie Recipe
Here’s a great (and very healthy!) smoothie recipe for joint support. (Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups of frozen dark fruits
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 2 cups of liquid [flaxseed milk or unsweetened (vanilla) almond milk]
- 1 t Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) extract
- 1 t Paeonia extract (optional)
- 1 T omega oil
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) of high-quality protein powder (optional)
- Add fruit and supplements.
- Add liquid and blend well.
- Adjust the consistency to your liking — add ice or more protein powder to thicken or add more liquid to thin it out.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy your smoothies!