This great-tasting energy smoothie recipe with Cistanche tubulosa extract may give you the energy boost you’re seeking!
If you’re looking for energy support, try our healthy energy smoothie recipe. It blends fresh fruits, supplements, and a selection of all-natural extracts, including Cistanche tubulosa. Cistanche makes a great energy support supplement. (We sell Cistanche in 100 gram size as OOMPH! Energy Support, as well as in sizes of 200 grams or more.)
Improve energy, learning, memory, and awareness, all while transforming your body from the inside out. Best of all — these Cistanche energy smoothies taste great!
Cistanche Extract for Energy Support
We’re often asked about the best way to consume Cistanche extract. You can add 1/2 teaspoon of extract to 8 oz of hot water or a cup of juice and stir until dissolved. (Drink 2 glasses a day.) Or you can mix 1/2 teaspoon with 1 teaspoon honey, add the mixture to warm water, and drink it as a tea. A third way is to blend 1 teaspoon of Cistanche with 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin and then add the mixture to an energy smoothie.
Energy Smoothie Ingredients
We like to add dark fruits to an energy smoothie. For one thing, they’re antioxidants. For another, the purple pigment in dark fruits contains flavonoids, including resveratrol, which can help decrease blood pressure. Resveratrol helps relax the arterial walls, decreases the pressure in the arteries, and promotes better circulation. Dark fruits also contain polyphenols, which can reduce the inflammatory response in the body.
Tip: Want your smoothies to be thicker and less liquid-like? Freeze your favorite dark fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and elderberries. And if you choose to include a banana, you can freeze it too!
We also add the right extracts and supplements to an energy smoothie. Extracts and supplements are herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other healthy ingredients. Healthy energy smoothie recipes incorporate Cistanche tubulosa extract and sunflower lecithin. As desired, they can also incorporate Paeonia lactiflora extract, omega oil, flaxseed, and protein powder.
Cistanche tubulosa Extract
Cistanche makes a great addition to an energy smoothie. Therapeutic uses include enhancing cognitive abilities such as learning and memory. It has been traditionally valued for its anti-aging properties. It has also been used to improve stamina and aid healthy sexual performance. It is traditionally used to fight aging and increase longevity. It may help to improve brain health, reduce constipation, and improve sexual health by boosting testosterone.
In addition, Cistanche is an extremely strong antioxidant. It is 15 times stronger than resveratrol and 5 times stronger than vitamin C. This powerful herb has no documented side effects when taken in responsible quantities. In addition, Cistanche is used to prevent fatigue and increase energy. It may improve memory power and increase immunity, and it shows promise for lowering blood pressure.
Frontiers in Pharmacology calls Cistanche “One of the Best Pharmaceutical Gifts of Traditional Chinese Medicine.” Read the Cistanche FAQ.
Sunflower lecithin may help lower cholesterol, improve heart health, and support healthy digestion. It’s rich in choline and other essential fatty acids such as phosphatidylinositol.
Paeonia lactiflora (White Peony Root) Extract
Paeonia lactiflora also makes a great addition to an energy smoothie. It is used to support immune system health, reduce inflammation, reduce fatigue, and protect the brain. The water/ethanol extract of white peony root is known as total glucosides of peony (TGP). In scientific studies, TPG has shown analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant effects. Read the Paeonia FAQ.
Additional Optional Supplements
Our healthy smoothie recipe includes the following optional supplements:
- Omega Oil: Research suggests omega-3 fatty acids may help protect against Alzheimer’s and dementia and may have a positive effect on gradual memory loss linked to aging.
- Flaxseed: It contains Omega-3s (which support memory), lignans (antioxidants), and fiber, and it may help fight heart disease, diabetes, and breast cancer.
- Protein Powder: An easy and convenient source of high-quality protein. Protein powder is a great addition to an energy smoothie; however, only add protein powder to smoothies post-workout, not pre-workout.
Energy Smoothie Recipe
Here’s a great-tasting (and very healthy!) smoothie recipe for energy. (Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups of frozen dark fruits
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 2 cups of liquid [flaxseed milk or unsweetened (vanilla) almond milk — do not use dairy]
- 1 t Cistanche extract
- 1 T sunflower lecithin
- 1 t Paeonia extract (optional)
- 1 T omega oil
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) of high-quality protein powder (optional)
Energy Smoothie Instructions
- Mix Cistanche extract and lecithin in a small bowl.
- Add fruit and supplements to the blender, then add the Cistanche/lecithin mixture.
- Add liquid and blend well.
- Adjust the consistency to your liking — add ice or more protein powder to thicken or add more liquid to thin it out.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy your smoothies!