Semen cuscutae neuroprotective benefits include helping to protect nerve cells against damage, degeneration, or impairment of function.
Semen cuscutae is a nootropic, and it has a high flavonoid content and strong antioxidant properties. We selected it as one of the handful of global extracts we sell because studies suggest that it may support brain health, central nervous system health, sexual health, and a healthy reproductive system.
Also called Tu Si Zi and Dodder Seed, Semen cuscutae is the seed of a vine used in traditional Chinese medicine to invigorate the kidneys, nourish the liver, and improve eyesight. Semen cuscutae exhibits an immunosuppressive effect on dendritic cells and attenuates dendritic cell function, which suggests it has the potential to support the treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Semen cuscutae extract has shown potential to protect brain health. Semen cuscutae may exhibit protective activity against chemically induced memory deficit, as well as protect against oxidative damage and neuroinflammation. Semen cuscutae extract may also be able to help rescue damaged brain synapses. Here’s a summary:
- Semen cuscutae may be beneficial for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Semen cuscutae may alleviate memory loss by rescuing caspase-3-mediated synaptic damage in Alzheimer’s disease treatment.
- Semen cuscutae extract may show protective activity against induced memory deficit, cholinergic dysfunction, oxidative damage, and neuroinflammation.
Additional Science Behind Semen cuscutae
Here’s what several scientific publications have to say about Semen cuscutae neuroprotective benefits and other health benefits:
- It offers neuroprotective effects.
- It shows immune enhancement, anti-fatigue, and anoxia tolerance effects. The polysaccharide in Semen cuscutae may provide immune system support.
- It may suppress allograft rejection via distinct immune mechanisms.
- It has the potential to support a healthy reproductive system, as well as invigorate the reproductive endocrine function.
- Semen cuscutae may be beneficial in treating male sterility and may raise success rate in artificial insemination.
- A study on anti-fatigue and anoxia tolerance effects showed that in mice Semen cuscutae may prolong swimming time and improve the ability to tolerate cellular oxygen depletion.
A Well-Rounded Extract for Optimal Health
Statistically significant properties found in Semen cuscutae include adaptogenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, antioxidant, anti-senescence, cardio-protective, neuroprotective, immunomodulatory, neurotrophic, nootropic, and osteogenic. It’s a well-rounded extract with the potential to provide many health benefits.
Semen cuscutae makes an excellent extract to support nervous system health, hormonal balance, and sexual health.