Cistus herbal tea is a winter powerhouse tea. It’s a key ingredient in our immune support kits.
Cistus Tea Relief of Cold and Flu Symptoms
By now, the chances are good that you’ve heard about Cistus incanus tea. Cistus incanus (also called Cistus herbal tea and Rock Rose tea) has been widely discussed in health circles in recent years due to its ability to make you repellent – at least to biting insects like mosquitos and ticks. Cistus incanus tea has been popular for decades in Europe. In fact, it was the 1999 European Plant of the Year, making headlines for its broad range of health benefits. The tea is an excellent pest repellent, and it makes a great topical skin cleanser to help ameliorate maskne, eczema, and psoriasis. Now it’s making news once again for its ability to help the body deal with retro-viruses.
Cistus incanus tea drinkers swear by its health benefits. It’s our most popular tea, both for its ability to relieve cold and flu symptoms and for its insect repellant properties. It’s quickly becoming known as the hit tea of winter. (Ours comes from Crete. Learn why geography and terroir matter.)
Cistus herbal tea is rich in bioflavonoids and polyphenols. It may be able to ameliorate cold and flu symptoms in about two days after drinking the first cup. Studies have shown that it has powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and biofilm-breaking qualities. These studies suggest that Cistus targets viral envelope proteins, preventing the primary attachment of the virus to host cells. This reduces the virulence and reproductive ability of the pathogen.
Immune Support Kits with Cistus incanus
Our Antivirus Immune Support Herbal Extract Kit, ShieldsUp!, is proprietary collection of herbal extracts is designed to:
- Support the body’s immune defenses
- Inhibit the lifecycle of common viruses
- Fight colds, flus, coughs, and invading pathogens
- Bolster the respiratory tract
- Protect against free radical damage
- Protect against overactive immune response inflammation
Each ShieldsUp! kit contains 20 gram packets of 5 amazing super-botanicals and 1 amazing amino acid:
- Cistus incanus extract, like Cistus herbal tea, offers significant immune support and scientifically proven relief of cold and flu symptoms.
- Rosa rugosa, which is standardized to contain 25% vitamin C and other bioactives to enhance immune response and inflammation.
- Phyllanthus niruri balances the immune system. It is an antiviral, antimalarial and antibacterial.
- Torilis japonica contains effective antiviral and antibacterial agents that support healthy immune and inflammation response.
- Laricifomes officinalis (Agarikon mushroom) is traditionally used to enhance the immune system and protect against viral infections.
- L-lysine is an amino acid that inhibits viral replication and blocks receptors involved in stress response.